Need the best drawer organizer for your spices? These ideas are bound to make a difference!
The spice organizer style of drawer storage can work with your existing drawers. It drops right in place with little to no work. It’s the ideal way to have something that is both aesthetically pleasing and provides easy access.
For a complete yet simple solution, I recommend the Seville Classics three tier spice organizer.
Believe it or not though, there are many different types of spice drawer organizers. Different tiers, materials and sizes all play a role in overall satisfaction. This article will cover some of the best products you can get.
To make it easy, here’s my top three…
Best Spice Drawer Organizers
What Size Spice Bottle Or Jar Will Work?
Not all spice bottles are made the same size. Although most will be approximately 1-3/4″ in diameter and 4-1/8″ in height. There are also various shapes with round and square options.
Most will work just fine with a spice drawer organizer. Typically the inner kitchen drawer heights are about 3-1/4″. This is from top to bottom and not including the drawer front itself.
How To Choose A Spice Drawer Organizer
Whenever we’re choosing a cabinet accessory it is helpful to know how you will interact with the product. We want them to serve a purpose and alleviate a pain point.
With spice jars, you are probably after organization and creating more of a functional space within your kitchen.
How many spice jars do you have? Do you want something that matches your cabinetry or style? Do you have appropriate drawer space? These are some questions to ask yourself.
- Drawer Dimensions: Measure the inside dimensions of your drawer. Write down the width, height and depth. This will help you decide just how large a spice drawer organizer will work.
- To Tier or Not to Tier: If you want more visibility of your spices, you may consider using a tiered drawer organizer. Picture a “stadium” of spices. The “tiers” simply position your spices to face forward instead of flat.
- Material: Most spice drawer organizers will be made of wood or a medium density fiberboard (MDF) material with a “wood” laminate. Some are metal and plastic. This will reflect in the cost and the overall quality of the product.
How To Install A Spice Drawer Organizer
The good news here, is that these types of drawer organizers are not permanent. Given that the correct size is used, spice drawer organizers can easily drop in and out of your existing drawer. Unlike most cabinet accessories, there is no drilling or screwing into your cabinetry.
The main thing to consider is the dimensions of your drawer versus the dimensions of the spice organizer. Ideally, you want to have an organizer that takes up the full space of the drawer to prevent it from sliding back and forth inside. In this case using an adjustable spice organizer if perfect.
If you have a larger drawer you can consider putting two small spice drawer organizers side-by-side. However, if you want something completely custom, I would use the Rev-A-Shelf spice organizer as you can use a saw to cut it down to your exact drawer dimensions.
- They are not permanent
- Can easily drop in without screwing down
- There are custom size options available
- Consider using an adjustable or two spice organizers to fill entire space
More Blog Posts…
Pull out spice racks are an ideal way to gain some extra storage in narrow cabinets. Here’s how to choose one…
Need to organize your drawer without wasting space? Using drawer dividers is a great place to start.
Pull outs can be great for a cabinet next to the stove, but here’s some nuances to know before you add one to your cabinet…
You have deep drawers, we have solutions on how to get them organized.
It can be hard to find the right under sink pull out for such a tight space. We’ve compiled several choices that can hopefully solve this common problem.