Once you identify those annoying little light spots it just gets harder and harder to NOT see them. Even with all the benefits we get from using LED lighting fixtures throughout our home, there are occasional drawbacks. However, most of those are aesthetics and not functionality.
One of those drawbacks is the diode reflection or glare we get on our granite or quartz countertop surfaces. Depending on the LED light used, there isn’t a whole lot to do about it.
Generally puck lights and stick lights offer some form of lens diffuser, but those can add to the overall cost of the light itself.
Often times a form of tape light is used for long under cabinet runs. In this case the diodes are exposed and cause the most glare.
Use Diffuser Lenses
As mentioned, most of the glare can be caused by exposed diodes on products like tape lighting. Consider using a rigid aluminum extrusion to house the tape light with a heavily frosted diffuser lens cap.
Built-in Internal Diffusers
Some stick lights and puck lights will incorporate a diffused lens cover within the fixture itself.
LED Lights That Reduce Glare on Countertop Surfaces
The below LED fixtures are great options that help eliminate the reflection. It will not entirely solve the problem, but it will make a huge improvement.
Muzata LED Channel System
- LED channel segment is 1M (3.3ft) long
- 5 channels included
- Can be cut down to any length
- Come with 5pcs. milky diffuser
inShareplus Bendable LED Aluminum Channel System
- Includes 5 1m aluminum channels, 5 diffuser covers, 10 end caps and 10 mounting clips
- Fits most popular LED tape light strips
- Can be cut to suit any DIY project
- Stick the LED strip light’s adhesive backing inside the channel, snap on the diffuser cover, and mount the channel whenever desired.
Light Dimming Sheet for Harsh LED Lights
If you can access the internal portion of your light fixture, this cool product can let you customize your own lens diffuser. Simply cut to the desired size and place in-between cover cap and diodes.
- Allows you to continue to view the light without flare and glare at a reduced brightness
- Two sheets of 3.5″ x 8”
- Diffuses 15-30% of light
RONRI LED Under Cabinet Light with Frosted Diffuser
- Includes 3 LED puck lights, a power adapter, a hub, 6 screws and 3 sticker
- 50,000 hours of life
- Internal frosted cover
- 2.35″ diameter and .35″ height