If you are looking to maximize your under cabinet kitchen sink storage, you’ve come to the right spot.
With such a tight space, it can be hard to find the best under kitchen sink pull out or organizer.
I found some really cool stand-alone storage organizers that sit inside the cabinet, but what I really recommend is something that slides out towards you making it easy to retrieve everyday-items.
I’ve compiled several choices that can hopefully solve this problem. Take a look at some of the pull out baskets, under sink caddy’s or even the U-shaped basket that works around plumbing!
- Best Choice – Lynk Professional Two Tier Pull Out
- Premium Choice – Household Essentials Slide Out
- Best Value – Simple Housewares Expandable Rack
- Best Pull Out Baskets – Rev-A-Shelf Pull Out Baskets
- Best “No-Drill” Storage – Simple Housewares Baskets
- Best Cleaning Pull Out – Rev-A-Shelf Under Sink Caddy
- Best Wood Drawer Pull Out – Household Essentials Pull Out
- Best “U” Shaped Pull Out – Lynk Professional Pull Out
- Best Adjustable Shelf – Spicy Shelf Storage
- Best Cabinet Door Storage – Household Essentials Rack
Best Kitchen Sink Storage Pull Outs
What to Look for in a Pull Out Storage Organizer
- Ease of installation: This is key for each individual and what they are comfortable with installing. Occasionally, slide out accessories can be a little demanding to put inside your cabinet. Small spaces are difficult to work in. Most brands offer 4 screw installs with templates and guides to make it easy, but make sure you are getting an item that makes sense.
- Cabinet type: One aspect to note when looking for a pull out organizer is your cabinet type. Our cabinets are unique and some organizer work better than others. Or, at the very least we can do small work-around modifications. Sometimes we may have a small lip on the frame of the cabinet. This can prevent to movement of the slide going in and out.
How do we work-around this?
It slightly depends on your cabinet and the pull out accessory you are using, but in most cases you can use wood shims or small blocks of wood to lift your organizer up to clear the lip of the cabinet. This lip is usually 1/4″ high.
- Accessory sizes (Measure twice): Make sure you double check the measurements of your cabinet opening width including the depth and height. Cabinet accessory brands offer various sizes to work in different cabinet sizes. Just make sure you won’t have to return something that doesn’t fit.
- Full-extension slides: When discussing pull outs, especially for the under sink area, we need full-extension slides. This allow use to take full advantage of the space and get access to those hard to reach items. Check out these baskets which have great slides.
How to Maximize the Space Under My Sink?
- Categorize your items: Separate items like rags and sponges to one area, while keeping cleaning bottles in one section.
- Keep most-used items up front: We all have our go-to products. It could be the Windex, sponges, Swiffer, rug cleaner, paper towels, etc. Whatever you use on a daily basis, move those items to an easy-to-access area.
- Use pull out storage: It goes without saying that using a slide out storage organizer can help transform the under sink area. It doesn’t have to be overly complicated either. You can install a pull out basket, a drop in style organizer or even one that mounts to your cabinet door.
What Can I Store Under My Sink?
- Cleaning supplies
- Soaps (hand/dish/pet)
- Sponges, rags, towels, brushes
- Spray bottles
- Cutting boards
- Reusable water bottles
- Handheld vacuums
- Waste bins
Our take away…
When it comes to under kitchen sink storage, we need products that adjust to our plumbing and garbage disposals.
It’s ideal to have a storage pull out that can be versatile and mount in various configurations. That’s exactly what out first three choices do.
Under sink storage pull outs that can be reversible (left or right) make it simple to choose where you need to install it to avoid under sink plumbing.
The other option is to have shelves that maneuver around obtrusive plumbing. This is a surefire way to create the best results in any application.
More Blog Posts…
Continue the search for ultimate organization with bathroom drawer storage!
Tight spaces like under sink areas need the right trash pull out. See what we recommend.
See these awesome solutions to cookware clutter!
Trash storage is something you use everyday, why not give it a permanent home in your cabinet!
Make your life a little easier…add a simple way to access your laundry with a pull out bin!