If you’re looking to maximize your under cabinet sink storage, you’ve come to the right spot.
With such a tight space, it can be hard to find the best under kitchen sink pull out or organizer.
I found some really cool stand-alone storage organizers that sit inside the cabinet, but what I really recommend is something that slides out towards you making it easy to retrieve everyday-items.
I’ve compiled several choices that can hopefully solve this problem. Take a look at some of the pull out baskets, under sink caddy’s or even the U-shaped basket that works around plumbing!
Top 3 Picks
- Best Choice – Lynk Professional Two Tier Pull Out
- Premium Choice – Household Essentials Slide Out
- Best Value – Simple Housewares Expandable Rack
- Best Pull Out Baskets – Rev-A-Shelf Pull Out Baskets
- Best “No-Drill” Storage – Simple Housewares Baskets
- Best Cleaning Pull Out – Rev-A-Shelf Under Sink Caddy
- Best Wood Drawer Pull Out – Household Essentials Pull Out
- Best “U” Shaped Pull Out – Lynk Professional Pull Out
- Best Adjustable Shelf – Spicy Shelf Storage
Best Kitchen Sink Storage Pull Outs
1. Two-Tier Under Sink Pull Out
This two-tier system from Lynk Professional works great, especially within the under sink cabinet area.
The assembled pull out can mount on the far right or far left of the cabinet avoiding any plumbing or exposed hoses under the sink. Not only is is nice for a kitchen, but also in a vanity cabinet too.
This organizer from Lynk comes as an entire unit that’s ready to install. They offer an 18″ depth and a 21″ depth version.
Works on either the left or right side, ball-bearing glide system, removable tray in top basket (great for sponges/rags), design easily avoids plumbing.
2. Full Extension Under Sink Slide Out
If you don’t want to go searching for items in the back of the cabinet, these tiered slide out organizers are awesome.
The absolute best thing is that they fully extend out of the cabinet to allow access to items in the back.
The product comes pre-assembled, so it makes it simple to drop in the cabinet and quickly store cleaning supplies, bottles, towels, etc.
Mounts on left or right side of cabinet, it’s easy to install with pre-attached slides, thick chrome wire finish, full extension slides and multiple sizes.
3. Expandable Shelving Rack
If you hate your garbage disposal getting in the way, this handy under sink storage rack has customizable shelves to avoid any obtrusive plumbing.
Simply pull to expand this under sink shelf rack all the way to 25″ wide. This is a great option for those who need more of a custom approach to avoiding plumbing pipes or a garbage disposal within their cabinets.
*Tip – Don’t fully assemble until it is inside your cabinet and you know where you want the shelves to be placed.
4. Pull Out Chrome Baskets
Using baskets is perhaps the most efficient way to utilize the under sink area. And for that matter, within cabinets throughout the kitchen.
These heavy duty baskets from Rev-A-Shelf are easy to install and will last a lifetime.
They come in various sizes to meet your specific cabinet opening width and depth. They also come pre-assembled and just mount to the cabinet floor with a few screws.
5. Stackable Sliding Baskets
This organizer from Simple Houseware is an option for the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room or even the garage.
It features a no-drill design, which allows for easy drop-in use. The tiered wire baskets make it easy to find what you are looking for.
The feet don’t adjust on this one and the space underneath is about 1-1/2″ from the floor to the bottom of the lower basket.
6. Under Sink Pull Out Caddy
This under sink storage pull out from Rev-A-Shelf really makes cleaning so much easier. The caddy slides out from the plastic base which allows you to carry it anywhere.
It’s great for holding an extra roll of paper towels, sponges, spray bottles and any cleaning items that you’d store under the sink.
The caddy comes pre-assembled, so all that’s needed is to mount the slide assembly to the base of the cabinet floor.
7. Wood Slide Out Drawer
Sometimes all that chrome just isn’t what we’re looking for. That’s when using a nice wood box slide out can be useful.
Wood pull out drawers offer all the same functionally as a chrome basket and can be used in most base cabinets in the kitchen.
This product from Household Essentials has full extension slides which makes it easy to gain access to items in the back of the cabinet.
Great for taller items (bleach bottle, Windex, Ajax), big enough for cookware and small enough for cleaning products, full-extension ball-bearing slides.
8. "U" Shaped Slide Out Basket
U-shaped storage pull outs are quite cool. They are designed to work around the plumbing that often intrudes in the under sink area.
If you have a wide 34″ or 36″ cabinet and can fit this style of pull out, you won’t regret it.
Your plumbing does need to be centered within the back of the cabinet though, but nonetheless, it could be a great option to consider.
9. Drop-In Adjustable Shelf
This Spicy Shelf organizer packs a punch with its three way adjustability which is perfect for odd shaped under sink areas.
It’s great for tight under sink areas in kitchens and especially in vanities.
If you are the type of person who is always doubling up on household cleaning products, this one is for you.
It allows for extra room on the top shelf while still keeping plenty of space below.
What To Look For In A Pull Out Storage Organizer
- Ease of installation: This is key for each individual and what they are comfortable with installing. Occasionally, slide out accessories can be a little demanding to put inside your cabinet. Small spaces are difficult to work in. Most brands offer 4 screw installs with templates and guides to make it easy, but make sure you are getting an item that makes sense.
- Cabinet type: One aspect to note when looking for a pull out organizer is your cabinet type. Our cabinets are unique and some organizer work better than others. Or, at the very least we can do small work-around modifications. Sometimes we may have a small lip on the frame of the cabinet. This can prevent to movement of the slide going in and out.
How do we work-around this?
It slightly depends on your cabinet and the pull out accessory you are using, but in most cases you can use wood shims or small blocks of wood to lift your organizer up to clear the lip of the cabinet. This lip is usually 1/4″ high.
- Accessory sizes (Measure twice): Make sure you double check the measurements of your cabinet opening width including the depth and height. Cabinet accessory brands offer various sizes to work in different cabinet sizes. Just make sure you won’t have to return something that doesn’t fit.
- Full-extension slides: When discussing pull outs, especially for the under sink area, we need full-extension slides. This allow use to take full advantage of the space and get access to those hard to reach items. Check out these baskets which have great slides.
How To Maximize The Space Under My Sink?
- Categorize your items: Separate items like rags and sponges to one area, while keeping cleaning bottles in one section.
- Keep most-used items up front: We all have our go-to products. It could be the Windex, sponges, Swiffer, rug cleaner, paper towels, etc. Whatever you use on a daily basis, move those items to an easy-to-access area.
- Use pull out storage: It goes without saying that using a slide out storage organizer can help transform the under sink area. It doesn’t have to be overly complicated either. You can install a pull out basket, a drop in style organizer or even one that mounts to your cabinet door.
What Can I Store Under My Sink?
- Cleaning supplies
- Soaps (hand/dish/pet)
- Sponges, rags, towels, brushes
- Spray bottles
- Cutting boards
- Reusable water bottles
- Handheld vacuums
- Waste bins
When it comes to under kitchen sink storage, we need products that adjust to our plumbing and garbage disposals.
It’s ideal to have a storage pull out that can be versatile and mount in various configurations. That’s exactly what out first three choices do.
Under sink storage pull outs that can be reversible (left or right) make it simple to choose where you need to install it to avoid under sink plumbing.
The other option is to have shelves that maneuver around obtrusive plumbing. This is a surefire way to create the best results in any application.
Continue the search for ultimate organization with bathroom drawer storage!
Tight spaces like under sink areas need the right trash pull out. See what we recommend.
See these awesome solutions to cookware clutter!
Trash storage is something you use everyday, why not give it a permanent home in your cabinet!
Make your life a little easier…add a simple way to access your laundry with a pull out bin!