For ultimate organization, you need to find the best pull out shelves for your kitchen cabinets.
Pull out shelves and baskets are some of the most-used cabinet storage solutions by homeowners and DIY’ers like you.
One of the products you will absolutely not regret is the Rev-A-Shelf pull out shelves. It’s as easy as measuring your cabinet and selecting the pull out size that will fit inside.
I’ve got some of the best listed, but look for various characteristics like size of the shelves, finishes, durability and ease of install.
Top 3 Picks
- Best Choice – Rev-A-Shelf Single Tier Chrome Pull Out Shelves
- Premium Choice – Rev-A-Shelf Two Tier Chrome Basket Pull Out Shelves
- Best Value – Lynk Professional Low Profile Pull Out Sliding Shelves
- Best Cookware Shelves – Rev-A-Shelf Cookware Storage Pull Out Shelves
- Best Wood Shelves – Lynk Professional Wood Slide Out Shelves
- Best Small Item Shelves – Simple Human Chrome Pull Out Shelves
- Best Wood Drawer – Household Essentials Wood Slide Out Drawer
- Best Narrow Shelves – Lynk Professional Narrow Pull Out Shelves
- Best Under Sink Shelves – Household Essentials Under Sink Pull Out Shelves
Best Pull Out Shelves for Kitchen Cabinets
1. Single Tier Chrome Pull Out Shelves
This is a must-have for any home and especially a kitchen. They work in most cabinet sizes and are just awesome.
Rev-A-Shelf pull outs are heavy-duty and will last you a lifetime. These chrome pull out shelves come pre-assembled and can be installed with minimal effort.
Honestly, you won’t regret these all-purpose pull out baskets. They are the best choice.
Larger to small sizes to fit perfectly for any cabinet, ball-bearing glide system, 100lb. rated full-extension slides, can be mounted to your cabinet door.
2. Two-Tier Chrome Basket Pull Out Shelves
If you have room for two-tier pull out shelves, this is the one right here. The two wire baskets mount to an inner frame that easily mount to the cabinet floor.
This is one of the most popular pull out baskets on the market today. The quality Rev-A-Shelf 5WB2 Series shelves will last a lifetime and you’ll get great use out of them.
These are ideal for heavier items that won’t work well on thinner, cheap wire shelves. The Rev-A-Shelf storage baskets can hold up to 100 pounds too!
Full-extension slides, slides operate independently to provide easy access, multiple widths to accommodate your specific cabinet size, weight capacity is 100lbs.
3. Low Profile Pull Out Sliding Shelves
Lynk Professional has been in the home storage game for 40 years, so yo know they make some great products.
The chrome pull out shelves are a no exception. They are beautiful quality and use a low profile design which makes it easy to access your items.
Lynk uses a cool easy-install template guide that comes with the shelves. This makes it simple to align in your cabinet without fussing around.
Low profile basket height makes it easy to reach in, various sizes that work with different cabinet widths, easy installation process using a template.
4. Pull Out Shelves for Cookware Storage
The Rev-A-Shelf 5CW2 cookware organizer is purely dedicated to your pots, pans and lids. It comes in two sizes that work for large and smaller cabinet width openings.
The top tier portion organizes the lids, while the bottom tier can hold a variety of pots and pans.
Adjustable dividers can help accommodate different sizes of items as well. The slides are rated for a 100lbs., so it can hold a fair amount of weight.
There are two versions of this product. The smaller pull out version is 12 inches wide and the larger one is 21 inches wide. Be sure to add some extra space on each side of the unit to make sure it will operate properly.
5. Wood Drawer Box Slide Out Shelves
Lots of us prefer to have a solid bottom for our pots and pans. The wood drawer pull out shelves featured on this slide out is ideal for just that.
It may match the aesthetics of your kitchen more than a chrome wire basket too.
This Lynk Professional wood drawer pull out organizer is not only great for pots and pans, but it can be used within in any kitchen, bathroom or laundry room cabinet.
6. Contemporary Chrome Pull Out Shelves
SimpleHuman is known for so many great, high-quality home products. They are more contemporary in their design, which makes these pull out shelves stand out. They are perfect for a pantry basket, vanity pull out or even for RV applications.
The pull out shelves come in small, medium and large widths. Your cabinet opening will need to be wider than their specifications to allow for operation.
One stand out feature to these particular shelves are the removable drip guard. It sits inside the basket and prevents smaller items from falling through and keeps your cabinet floor clean.
7. Multi-Use Wood Slide Out Drawer Box
Sometimes all that chrome just isn’t what we’re looking for. That’s when using a nice wood box slide out can be useful.
Wood pull out drawers offer all the same functionally as a chrome basket and can be used in most base cabinets in the kitchen.
This product from Household Essentials has full extension slides which makes it easy to gain access to items in the back of the cabinet.
Great for taller items (Bottles, Small Appliances, Cans), big enough for cookware, small enough for cleaning products, full-extension slides.
8. Pull Out Shelves for Narrow Spaces
Need something more agile and narrow? Try these narrower pull out shelves from Lynk Professional. They have multiple widths to accommodate your specific cabinet opening.
Current widths are 4-1/4″, 6-1/4″ and 8-1/4″. They are great for spices, medications or as a general purpose organizer shelf.
These pull out shelves also have a shallow depth to them, so they can work nicely in upper wall cabinets.
9. Under Sink Pull Out Shelves
If you don’t want to go searching for items in the back of the cabinet, these tiered slide out organizers are awesome.
The absolute best thing is that they fully extend out of the cabinet to allow access to items in the back.
The product comes pre-assembled, so it makes it simple to drop in the cabinet and quickly store cleaning supplies, bottles, towels, etc.
Pull Out Shelves For A Pantry
Not only are pantry cabinets often wasted space, but they can be deep and dark. Using pull out shelves can help you gain access to items in those hard-to-reach areas.
- Using a low profile pull out shelf design in a narrower width is typically ideal in this application. If you have a wider pantry cabinet, consider using two pull out shelves side-by-side.
- Take a look at the solid bottom shelves offered by SimpleHuman and Lynk Professional. As some pull out shelves utilize wire baskets, these two companies have products that have solid bottoms which eliminate any small items falling through as well as easy cleaning.
Regardless of the pull out chosen, you’ll need to get your cabinet opening dimensions. The pull out will have to fit within the width, depth and height of your cabinet.
Tips On Pull Out Shelves
- Measure across from hinge to frame to see your accurate cabinet width
- Do you have a 1/2″ or 1/4″ lip on the bottom of your cabinet frame? You may need to buy some extra scrap wood to lift the pull out basket up. Or use washers and extra long screw to raise the height.
- Your cabinet opening needs to be wider than the physical dimension of the pull out shelves. For example: if you have a 14.5″ pull out, your cabinet needs to be at least 15″ wide or larger.
Pull out shelves can be a simple DIY project. Wherever you need more storage, these amazing products are a must-have for any kitchen, vanity, pantry or garage.
With that said there are a few things to take note of:
- Look for full-extension slides. You want complete access to your items in the back of the cabinet.
- Wood or chrome wire? There are some more traditional and contemporary pull out shelves. You can match your personal and home aesthetic.
- Solid bottom shelves. If you are using smaller items (spices, herbs, medications) look for a solid bottom shelf or a wood pull out shelf.
Our “no-brainer” choice is the Rev-A-Shelf chrome wire pull out shelves. These can be used throughout the home and are sturdy enough to last you a lifetime.
Continue the search for ultimate organization with bathroom drawer storage!
Tight spaces like under sink areas need the right trash pull out. See what we recommend.
See these awesome solutions to cookware clutter!
Trash storage is something you use everyday, why not give it a permanent home in your cabinet!