The pantry can be a crowded area to begin with. Squeezing every inch out of storage space in smaller kitchens is often a necessity.
In this post we’ll take a look at some of the best over-the-door pantry storage organizers that will help gain extra space.
Finding the right pantry door storage solution is also not so easy. When using over-the-door storage your door needs to be able to close completely with the bracket hanging between the frame and the swinging door. You also need to find the correct width and height that works best with your door size.
Let’s explore some of the best solutions…
- Best Choice – Closet Maid Adjustable Pantry Storage
- Premium Choice – Home Complete Pantry Storage Rack
- Best Value – SimpleHouseware Hanging Pantry Storage
- Best Adjustable – Smart Design Pantry Door Storage
- Best Baskets – Household Essential Pantry Door Storage
- Best Pockets – mDesign Hanging Pantry Storage
Best Over The Door Pantry Storage
What is Over-The-Door storage?
Over-the-door storage utilizes the backside (or frontside) of a door. Common places are areas where more storage is needed. Places like pantries, bedrooms, bathrooms or closets.
The storage rack will rest on the top of your door with hooks and then rest on your door providing you with access to the baskets or shelves.
How to Choose an Over-The-Door Storage Rack
Depending on the over-the-door storage accessory, they can run the full length of your door from top to bottom or they can rest about half-way up the door for easy access.
- The main thing to note is the size of your existing door. Make sure the organizer will work with that height and width.
- Pantry doors are typically 24″ wide and 80″ high (be sure to measure yours though). You’ll want an over-the-door rack to fit inside your dimensions.
- Another area to consider is what the protruding baskets or shelves on your over-the-door rack will come into contact with when the door is completely shut.
- Will your baskets hit anything that is already inside your pantry? Lots of these over-the-door products have adjustable shelves, so it is easy to raise and lower them to avoid any issues.
- Most will work with door widths of 1-3/4″ thickness and less. (As always, be sure to note your specific door thickness versus the product specifications.)
The Different Types of Over-The-Door Storage
This is the best part about this cool product category, there are just so many options and configurations to choose from. Everything from the various sizes and configurations to the colors and basket choices.
- Wire Baskets
- Plastic Baskets
- Pocket Organizers
- Fabric Compartments
- Fruit Storage Baskets
- Storage Racks & Hooks
How to Prevent Over-The-Door Storage From Swinging?
There’s a few clever ways to keep your over-the-door storage from swaying or swinging out. Try using command hooks to stick on both your door and on the frame of the storage rack.
Another option is to use small strips of velcro. One side would stick to your storage frame and the other to your door.
Yet another option would be to consider using zip ties to secure any multi-basket products from moving around too much.
More Blog Posts…
It can get confusing…here’s some helpful ideas to know your cabinet type.
In this post we take a look at the best options for pull out hamper baskets and some of the characteristics to look out for when choosing a product.
Learn what the heck this type of kitchen cabinet is and how to properly identify if you have a blind right cabinet or a blind left cabinet.
It can be hard to find the right under sink pull out for such a tight space. We’ve compiled several choices that can hopefully solve this common problem.